Sabrina Kurtz-Rossi is principal of Kurtz-Rossi & Associates, a women-owned business located in Boston, Massachusetts. Her work has two major sources of inspiration. One is the adult learners she works with to integrate health and literacy education in Adult Basic Education (ABE) and English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) settings and the other is all the teachers, librarians, and health professionals who are dedicated to improving access to health information and health services for multi-lingual and multi-cultural communities.
As a health literacy consultant, Sabrina’s areas of expertise include:
- Health literacy professional development teaching and training
- Plain language writing and editing
- Easy-to-read materials and website development
- ABE and ESOL health literacy curriculum development
- Evaluation to assess effectiveness and for program improvement
Ms. Kurtz-Rossi is an Assistant Professor and Director of the Health Literacy Leadership Institute at Tufts University School of Medicine. She is also an Adjunct Professor at Johns Hopkins University and University of New England where she teaches online health literacy and plain language graduate level courses.