Creating Plain Language Print and Web-based Materials
Learn how to develop plain language print materials and website content. We customize each training using your materials to design learning exercises. We use a variety of teaching styles to engage participants and accommodate different learning needs.
Teaching Health Professionals to Communicate in Ways That Patients Understand
Learn evidence-based techniques for effective verbal communication.
Introduction to Health Literacy and Plain Language for Managers
Need to get your top leaders and managers on board with plain language or offer them a preview of longer workshops? We can tailor a brief, fast-paced executive session to engage their attention and support.
Health Literacy in Practice for Front-line Staff
This training covers the basics of health literacy, including:
- Research on the functional literacy and health literacy skills of adults in the United States
- What the research means for front-line staff
- Skills-building training to help staff communicate more effectively
- Evidence-based criteria for plain language writing, with examples and discussion
Community Health Worker Program Training and Development
CLG members offer training in the Community Health Worker (CHW) model and assistance with developing or expanding a CHW program. One of the many roles of Community Health Workers—Promotores de salud in Spanish—is to serve as a link between their communities and the health care system. They are most commonly respected members of their underserved communities.
Special Trainings Tailored to Your Needs
- Systems change to establish health literacy initiatives
- Patient and health professional communication
- Organizational capacity building in plain language
- Cultural diversity