Design curriculum to activate learners.
CLG members are committed to engaging learners in the classroom, the community, and online through a learner-centered approach. Our thoughtful instructional design makes learning fun, interactive, and skills-focused.
- Clinical and public health professionals, faculty, and students about evidence-based communication techniques to improve health outcomes.
- Community-based adult educators and learners, as well as K-12 teachers and students, how to integrate health and literacy to improve learning and self-advocacy.
We create curricula for health professionals and students including:
- Population trends that emphasize the need for closing the communication gap
- Evidence-based practices in health literacy and health communication
- Integrating health literacy and cultural competency interventions
- Skill building in plain language and document design
We create curricula for educators and learners including how to:
- Access health care – navigating the system, learning how health insurance works
- Take medicines – reading medication labels, calculating dosages, measuring amounts
- Search for health information on the Internet – learning basic computer skills, determining content accuracy, identifying reliable information sources
- Increase self-advocacy – accessing preventive services including wellness check-ups and cancer screenings